Friday, May 9, 2014

On Privacy

I'm not the kind of person
Who understands the word
Private
As though you could keep
Your life cloistered off
From the rest of humanity.

I am intimate with strangers,
A refreshing and real me,
Infinitely.
So if you can't handle
Me inside-out
Don't start.

I have no respect for walls
Or fortresses of stone
Shadows that encase you
In fear you feel alone

Fences? Are fine.
But walls must fall.

I laugh when people try
To make things
Private
As though our actions only affect ourselves

Secret is different; secret is sacred.
Private is corrupt and caustic.

As though I cannot see straight to your core
Once I have witnessed your laugh
And you try to keep things private.

As though through ancient times
The sun hadn't seen all your folly
And banished all your fears.

I reach back and I reach forward
Both light and darkness, history and future report
And you? You try to keep things "private"

The tendrils extend, gently
Destroying your wall, your stone
Is no match for the might of life

Come out of the shadows
And release the burden of
"Private"

No comments:

Post a Comment