Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Let me tell you about...

Let me tell you about
being Loved

about
how you get stronger
how you rise up
how you can do more

about
roses because you deserve them
notes because she knows you need them
kisses because he knows otherwise you will wake up worried that he's not there

about
feeling the chasm between you and adversity
feeding the dreams you never told anyone else
flying, untethered, to the heights that Icarus never dared...
         and coming home to nest safely where they never clip your wings.

about
silence and quickened heartbeats right before you ask for what you want, knowing that all you need to do is ask and be brave and let the words fall out of your mouth and your requests will be met joyfully.
laughter and smiles and the way you look at me when I glow
stories I tell about fruit tarts being my favorite and how they magically appear in the fridge.

about
feeling heard
feeling seen
feeling loved

about
the moment she pops in your mind and all you can do is smile
the sound your phone makes when he sends you a message
the support so thick that it blocks out hardship

about
how you grow
how you stretch
how you can do anything

Let me tell you about the real deal love.

No comments:

Post a Comment