Friday, October 26, 2012

Perspectives and pageviews

This morning the tree outside my house still has green leaves. It is clearly confused. The snow-and-fallen-leaf-patterns color the ground like camouflage. My window looks out from the dead end of a dead end road, with my road coming from the right and going left. It is like looking at three different worlds. Straight ahead is desolate. All the trees have lost their leaves with the exception of a small, spindly tree with fifteen yellorange leaves.
To the right, it may as well be summertime still. Green leaves abound despite the now-crunchy lawns. Blue skies with perfect wallpaper clouds trapped in their summertime slide beyond the mountains.

To the left, it is certainly winter. Snow snow snow snow snow.

I get to choose my season.

In a sense, we always have the option to choose our season. I can more literally experience a little more summer, fall, or winter, depending on where I turn my gaze. The temperature outside is all the same. The winds will be chilly; I will see my breath in the air.

In life, it's all gonna be the same temperature. My perspective depends on where I focus my gaze.

That's your inspirational quote of the day.

On a completely different note, I cannot figure out for the life of me how blogger keeps track of pageviews. It keeps telling me I have a lot, but that each page has only been viewed once. Weird. Yes.

So...if you could like or comment if you read? That would be cool. But just on this post. Unless you didn't read this post. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment